Friday, August 7, 2020

Cards for Kindness Post 8 - Spirals


Today's Cards for Kindness use the bright spirals in the middle of this picture. This background makes me think of the Incredibles for some reason. But since I don't have any Incredibles stamps, I stuck with the Funny Farm CMS361 stamps from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. With their hand-drawn feel, they go really well the the Spirals from Scribbles and Spirals CMS296.
This is again the Iron-off Embossing technique I learned from this Jennifer McGuire Ink video.
Once the Spirals were heat embossed with clear embossing powder, I inked the paper and then ironed the clear embossing powder off onto a second piece of paper.
I then colored that paper the same way. You can see the original stamping is still sharp and white, while the iron-off image on the left is a bit softer and wider.
I used the original and paired it with a piece of paper stamped in the same colors but using the Scribbles stamp. To finish this card I stamped one of the Stitches stamps along the right side of the inside of the card, and trimmed the front of the card on a diagonal, then machine stitched around the outside edge. The orange and yellow sequins were in a little baggie in my stash from eons ago so I have no idea who the manufacturer was.

The second card was made the exact same way with the only change being that I didn't leave the color behind the Scribbles stamp white. It was too bright for the soft Spirals side, so I lightly colored the paper yellow and stamped in the orange and red.

Thanks for sticking with me for all of the Cards for Kindness posts. I did make 30 cards, so I have a lot of them to share. I think there are only one or maybe two more for me to post after this. I hope that you are enjoying seeing the little differences the colors and stamps make with the same technique. 

Okay friends, lets go spread some kindness!

Tami
I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

Great colors, I am enjoying seeing all the different background stamps you used. I have quite a few background stamps and seem to always buy them, but they do not get used as much as I would like. This is the perfect technique to put them to "Good" use....thank you for all the time to put these posts up...appreciate it!