Sunday, December 15, 2019

Season's Greetings - Modern Christmas Shaker Card

This card was a blast to make with a very different holiday color palette and a pairing of tried and true techniques. I used stamps and stencils from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous.
Start with a black 4.24x5.5 card base. Then cut a 4x5.25 piece of silver kraftstock. Stamp a boarder stamp from Ornate Trims CMS326 in Black Soot Archival Distress Ink then heat emboss with Ranger Superfine Gold Embossing Powder. Stamp it once on each side to make a border around the entire outside edge. Be sure to stamp as close to the edge as possible. Then rub some Walnut Stain Distress Crayon over it to distress and antique the edges. Adhere it to the card base.

In this post Special Delivery, I show how to do this vintage stamped embossed metallic technique that I used on the border and the tree, as well as the embossed stenciling below.
The card front is a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Cut to fit just inside the border. Put a thin layer of texture paste through the Diamond Dot THS133, cover it with Ranger Superfine Detail Gold Embossing Powder. Set aside to dry a little. Once dry then heat emboss. Spray entire piece with Black Soot Distress Oxide Spray. Dry. Sprinkle with a bit of water and spray again.
On a second piece of silver Metallic Kraftstock, I stamped and embossed this tree from the Modern Christmas CMS388 using the method in the link above.
Once the tree was embossed, I measured it and drew a triangle on the back of the Black Soot/Gold Embossed card front.I did have to keep checking and making adjustments to make sure it fit all the way around the tree. 
Then it was just a matter of adding a heavy clear plastic window behind the triangle. Add the dimensional tape to pop the black card top up enough to add the Distress Mica Flakes for snow. Hold it up and center the tree into the triangle and attach it to the back of the card front. Then attach them to the back of the card.
Add some embellishments and an embossed sentiment from the set and you are finished. I chose a star from the Christmas Adornments and a ribbon from the Ribbon Adornments as well as a tiny bit of vintage silver metal tinsel.

Today's Christmas recipe is another one of my Grandma's Christmas Candies. Since this card is a bit unique in it's style and coloring for a Christmas card, I figured I'd pic one of my grandma's unique candies. I hope you try it and that you enjoy Christmas Cowboy Candy as much as I do.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No comments: