Thursday, February 21, 2019

Spectacles - Scrollwork CMS367

One of the new stamp sets from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous that is available this month is Scrollwork CMS367. It is a full set of various scroll shapes that can be used individually or as seen on this card, I stamped most of the scrolls so they made a vintage looking background.
To make the background, I colored a piece of Distress Multi Media Heavystock with Antique Linen Distress Ink. Then I stamped the various scrolls onto it with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed it with Superfine Gold Embossing Powder. Then I watercolored inside the scrolls with Distress Ink Peacock Feathers. 
I cut the center out with two different sizes of the Stitched Ovals dies. Then in Black Soot Distress Ink, I stamped the spectacles image from the Eclectic Adverts CMS372 which is released in March 2019. I watercolored just the word spectacles.
As I stated in my last post, I like having even the tiniest bit of a story with my projects.  With this one it is the Muse Token with the E for Excellence with the "Spectacles the Best in Use." I picked the E because it is the top letter on the eye charts you have to read when getting fitted for spectacles. The excellence on the token goes with the fact that the LM Moses spectacles claim to be the BEST in USE.

I hope you liked what you "saw" on the blog today! Thanks for taking a "peek!"
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


2 comments:

Nancy said...

I can always count on you for a new blog post when I need inspiration! I love the background scroll stamps; it makes a lovely vintage-y looking "wall paper." I love the way you combined the adverts with the scroll stamp. I hadn't decided to purchase either of these stamps, but now think I "need" them! Thanks for the inspiration and story.

scrappergirl56 said...

Your background looks like old wallpaper, love it! Appreciate the story of what and why...