Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Retro Candy - Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 2019

 When I wasw these fun mid century atomic design dies, I couldn't get Atomic Fireballs out of my mind. So I decided to make something fitting to put them in! This is a Mini Mason Jar that holds candy and has a colorful mid-century feel.
The top of the Mini Mason Jar was replaced with the Photo Clip Kit and then I made a fun candy sign for it. I cut three of the boomerang shape from the Atomic Bigz die. I cut it from black chippboard and also from three different colors of shiny adhesive vinyl. I adhered the vinyl to the chipboard and then layered them onto the metal rod from the Photo Clip Kit
I added some shapes from the Atomic Elements onto the shapes that are cut from thick cardstock and shiny Adhesive Vinyl. The word CANDY is cut from black Chipboard and yellow Vinyl from the Wonderland Bigz XL die.
 Not only did I used the atomic shapes for the top, but I cut several other pieces from shiny Adhesive Vinyl in various colors and attached them to the outside of the Mini Mason Jar.
This is a super easy, bright, fun project that can serve as a gift, a place setting or a even a center piece for a themed party if you decorate both sides.
I filled my jar with Atomic Fireballs that I found on the internet. Aren't these Atomic Elements shapes just fabulous?
 If you want to see more about these dies, check out this video from Tim Holtz:


Thanks for stopping by!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

I just saw this project in Tim's Sizzix 3 part video series on the Sizzix blog, it is in Part 3...so cool, love the Retro Vibe!