Saturday, February 2, 2019

#iloveyou - Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Archival

 I was so thrilled to be able to try out some of the new Tim Holtz Ranger products before Creativation 2019 so I could experiment with them and make some samples.  Along with some of the new Alcohol Ink surfaces, I got the Distress Archival Ink Warm set.  I really wanted to make one card that showcased this awesome set of Archival Distress colors, as well as some of the new surfaces, so this colorful, crazy card was the outcome.
 The main background for the Tattered Butterfly is the new Brushed Silver Alcohol Ink Cardstock. It almost has a pearl sheen to it. I used Tim's Stampers Anonymous Rosette background stamp CMS279, and on the diagonal I applied all four Archival Ink colors starting with the Fossilized Amber, then Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry and Barn Door.  Then I stamped it on the Brushed Silver Cardstock and dried it with a heat tool.
Setting that aside, I applied the ink the same way to the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Lattice CMS257 background stamp and stamped it onto a piece of White Alcohol Ink Cardstock.  For the base I colored some Sparkle Alcohol Ink Cardstock with Wild Plum Alcohol Ink. Then I cut the pieces into three different mat sizes (4.25x5.5, 4x5.25, 3.75x5)
The focal piece is the new Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 - Tattered Butterfly die. I cut the large butterfly and body from the Sparkle Cardstock and the small butterfly from the Brushed Silver Cardstock.  The large sparkle butterfly is colored with Poppyfield Alcohol Ink and the smaller with a mix of Wild Plum, Poppyfield, and Honeycomb Alcohol Inks.
The sentiment is a strip of the Sparkle Cardstock and I stamped the sentiment on it in Barn Door Archival Ink and added a Gumdrop Heart colored with Wild Plum Alcohol Ink.

I really love the new Alcohol Ink surfaces and can't wait to get my hands on some more when they are released this month. I think there are just so many fun possibilities with these two surfaces as well as the really cool Black Matte Cardstock and plan to do a post discussing some techniques I played with when I got the samples in December. So stay tuned!

Thank you for stopping by!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!



3 comments:

Freddie Bubblescrap Sleijpen said...

What an amazing card ♡♡

ann barnes said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors that you’ve used, and the layering is fantastic! Both stamp patterns look amazing, I now have added the sparkle AI cardstock to my “list” the archival were already there! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome creativity, the ideas definitely inspire me! xxx

Diana @ Playing Without Limits said...

I'm in love with what you did. Thank you for sharing your creativity and inspiring me.