Sunday, November 11, 2018

Dapper Gents - Vintage Stamped Metallic Embossing

 Look at these dapper gents in their holiday finery! They look like something out of a turn of the century fashion catalog.  You can find them, along with the holly branch and the Christmas Greetings sentiment on the Yultide CMS356 stamp set from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous.
 I stamped them on Distress Mixed Media Heavystock and then watercolored them with Distress Markers and Distress Inks.
 I did the same watercoloring on the holly branch. The sentiment was stamped in Candied Apple Distress Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.
 Peeking out from under both sides of the dapper gents are some torn pieces of colored music paper.  I stamped the Music and Advert CMS358 music stamp onto some heavystock with Black Archival Ink. Then I cut it into strips and colored the strips with Distress Ink.
 Ok, so lets talk about the Vintage Stamped Metallic Embossing technique. I love this technique. It is so fun!! For this card I used the Advert stamp from the Music and Advert CMS358 set.
 What you need to try this technique are stamps, Metallic Kraftstock from Tim Holtz Ideaology, Superfine Embossing Powder (I use Ranger's and I like to use silver on the silver paper and gold on the gold) and Distress Crayons. Follow the tutorial linked below and have fun experimenting!
You can see a tutorial I did on this technique on this blog post from last year:  

Have a creative day! 

Tami 

 I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp. The links below send you to their store. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and my YouTube channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love the card! It is such a fantastic card with holiday colors and layers. Thanks for sharing the "metallic finish" tutorial! I am certainly going to make time to try the technique with some of my stamps!