Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Winter Wishes - Glorious Gatherings

The Glorious Gatherings CMS351 stamp is just gorgeous! It was my favorite stamp in the 2018 holiday release from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous!
I stamped the image onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in Archival ink.  I often experiment with large, detailed stamps like this and stamp them in all four Distress Archival colors: Black Soot, Ground Espresso, Vintage Photo and Hickory Smoke.  If you plan on watercoloring this image, I highly recommend doing this because you will be surprised at how the different Archival ink colors react with the Distress Inks when you watercolor. Some colors allow for more shading and show more detail than others.
The background has the Music background stamp  and I stamped it with Antique Linen onto the Distress Mixed Media Heavystock.  I did sew around the outside edge and added an Ideaology Index Clip and Adornment Star for a bit of detail in the top right corner.

When you are watercoloring, I put ink from my Distress Markers and Distress Inks onto my Glass Media Mat, then pick the color up with my waterbrush and color.  Sometimes I will go direct to the paper with my Distress Markers and then blend it with my water brush for a deeper color.
With this stamp it is a lot of fun to use lots of greens and browns when you watercolor.

Thanks you for stopping by.

Have a creative day,

Tami

 I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp. The links below send you to their store. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and my YouTube channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!  

 

3 comments:

ann barnes said...

This looks so beautiful Tami, a perfect transition stamp and you’ve colored it to perfection. I am definitely going to try mixing it up with the different archival to see how they each play, thanks for the tip.hope you have a happy thanksgiving xx

Daria said...

This is a fabulous card. Your watercoloring is beautiful, and I love the stitched border.

Redanne said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration Tami, I bought this stamp and felt a bit daunted by its size, but feel encouraged to give it a try now. Love the beautiful colours you achieved! Anne x