Saturday, March 3, 2018

Tropical Is a State of Mind

There’s nothing more vacationy (my word) than a drink with a little umbrella. This tropical drink Blueprint Stamp reminds me of my favorite fruity drink at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland.
I started by inking up the Botanical Background Stamp CMS327 with several green colors and one blue, then spritzed it with water and stamped it on Distress Watercolor Paper. Once it was dry I stamped the large Tropical Drink from the Cocktails Blueprint Stamp CMS336 in the center of it in Black Soot Archival Ink.  I also stamped a sentiment - “is a state of mind” from the Pennants CMS330 set to go with the word tropical.

I stamped a second blueprint onto another piece of watercolor paper and then watercolored the image and fussy cut the image. Then I adhered it over the other image on the background with dimensional adhesive.
I colored a third piece of watercolor paper with the same color as the umbrella for the bottom mat.
The yellow cord is Crafters Thread by the Tim Holtz Eclectic elements.

3 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

I was totally thinking of Trader Sams when I saw this. LOL! Your drink needs to be watercolored a bit differently.
CHALLENGE: create a layout with this and the photo of you and kathleen :)

Tamera said...

Nice challenge! :-) I need to figure out where that pic is! I have Authentique paper set aside for my Trader Sam’s pics.

Paula Cheney said...

I LOVE this card! the colors are perfection!