Friday, March 23, 2018

Just My Type

Oh I had so much fun planning the design for this love note which features Inventor 1 CMS340 stamps and the Ornate Trims CMS326 stamps (one of my faves!) from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. These Inventor stamps are cool and since I don't have much talent in the world of mixed media art, I really enjoyed the challenge of coming up with ways to use them for greeting cards.
The main typewriter image is stamped on Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in Black Soot Archival Ink. Then I went over the whole thing with Antique Linen Distress Ink, added Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink around the edges, and then spritzed drops of water on it to age it.
For the base, I embossed a bunch of the Ornate Trims stamps in gold on a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Then I colored it pink with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I used this as the base and made a second one and cut the hearts out of it using the Sizzix Alterations Heartfelt Die. This is one of those dies I consider to be a staple die that should be in every crafter's collection. It is a steel rule die and can cut so many things it is a must. For this card I cut the Heavystock and chipboard for each of the hearts.
For the sentiment I stamped several sentiments from Glorious Bouquet CMS325 and then cut out the letters individually to make the play on words with the typewriter.

As a final detail I stamped one of the Trimmings that kind of looks like beads. I gold embossed it, then colored with Distress Marker in Victorian Velvet, trimmed it closely and attached it to the top and bottom of the typewriter piece.

 Although this card has a couple of steps to it, it's really not a difficult one to duplicate.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: