Friday, March 16, 2018

My Beloved and My Friend

I made this large Etcetera Tag as part of this year’s addition to my Valentine’s Day decor based around a favorite Bible verse from Song of Solomon 5:16b which says, "This is my beloved and this is my friend." 
 It was so much fun using a whole bunch of the new Ideaology and a few little odds and ends from my stash.

For the background, I attached canvas to the large Etcetera Tag with Distress Collage Medium and then attached the Floral Collage Paper over the canvas with more Collage Medium. To mute the color, I washed the whole thing with Picket Fence Distress Paint and wiped it off. Once it was dry I attached some Design Tape around the outside edge and then went over the dges of the whole tag with Ground Espresso Distress Crayon. I just really love the aged, distressed texture on the background.


Supplies Used:
Large Etcetera Tag
Canvas
Floral Collage Paper
Rose Design Tape
Distress Collage Medium
Distress Picket Fence Paint
Tattered Rose Distress Oxide and Distress Stain
Distress Crayons - Vintage Photo, Picket Fence
Vignette Frames
Gumdrop Hearts
Jeweled Charms
Measurements
Letterpress
Locket Keys
Story Sticks
Adornments Milagros
Alpha Chips Elementary
Alphanumeric Script
Lace and rhinestone scraps from my stash



2 comments:

ann barnes said...

Gorgeous piece! I love the layered background on the tag, it’s such a beautiful and grungy base for that wonderful verse that’s dear to you. I love seeing projects that are totally a reflection of ones being and I think this may definitely be one of those-a beautiful and loving heart! I would never want to put it away!

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

I absolutely love this tag x