Sunday, March 5, 2023

Tea Time - Idea-ology 2023

This Tea Time Clock began as just a celebration of afternoon tea, but as it started coming together, it began to remind me of a special afternoon tea almost 26 years ago. I adore how this piece turned out for the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2023 release and it is going to be one that I keep.


I painted Foundry Wax Guilded onto the base and rim of the Curio Clock, then attach two Collage Strips to the outside of the clock.
I made brackets and a handle out of the Adornments Silverware and covered them with Guilded and Sterling Foundry Wax as well.

The Transparency Layers have some really beautiful pieces in them, but I chose this round floral transparency for this tea time clock and I think it is perfect. As I started to assemble the shelf inside the clock, I realized it reminded me of the afternoon tea my husband and I had almost 26 years ago on the day we got engaged.

We spent the whole day together in Pasadena enjoying the Huntington Library and Gardens, afternoon tea at the Rose Tree Cottage, and ending with dinner and a musical. He asked me to marry him after breakfast so we were already engaged in this photo. The teacup ephemera in the Palette Ephemera actually looks like a tea cup my husband bought from Edmund at the Rose Tree Cottage several years ago. We had enjoyed tea there individually many times before we were dating and obviously since. 
Once I realized that this piece was taking the turn from just a tea clock to a memory piece, I started adding things to go with that memory. All these Word Tags and the Heart Charm on the Hook Clasp were the perfect addition,

As was the little jam jar. The Rose Tree Cottage has their own jam blend so I had to include that and attach the little 2 Word Tag to it since the saying always goes"Tea for Two."

 I think those are all the details. The video tutorial goes into more depth as to all of the things used and I have all the products I used linked below. 

Thank you so very much for stopping by and I do hope you have a very creative day.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is just beautiful, and even more so knowing the wonderful love story that inspired it. Thank you for sharing that! May you have many more happy years together.