Friday, November 8, 2019

Desktop Candy Box Part 3 - Christmas Ideaology 2019

For the last part of the tutorial on this Candy Box, we are focusing on the trees and the bauble ornaments. This is a quick, simple final bit to finish off our festive piece.
You need one of each of the Woodland Trees (not one of the half trees) large, medium and small.
If you have trees in this bubble packaging this won't be a problem, but I have trees I've collected over the years and some of them are pretty wonky like the one in the bottom right.
To fix this you need to spray it with some water and the sisal bristles will straighten out and fill in nicely!
You may notice once it is dry and full again, that some of the sisal bristles grew a little and need trimmed. Just trim them off with your snips. Super easy.
Spray all three trees with some Picket Fence Distress Spray Stain. Let them dry. It may not seem like you did very much with the Picket Fence, but you can see in the picture above that the one on the left is significantly lighter than the one on the right.
Now you want to add a little sparkle, so you need Distress Rock Candy Glitter, a Glitter Duster, and some Distress Collage Medium.
Using your finger, put some Distress Collage Medium on it and run it down the tree on the very outside tips of the bristles. Not too heavy or it will clump and you won't be able to get the baubles in the trees.
Then immediately apply Distress Clear Rock Candy Glitter using a Glitter Duster if you have one. Sprinkle it on with your fingers if you don't.
While the trees are drying, separate a pack of baubles, removing the three larger sized baubles and keeping the four smaller sizes. Then separate the four smaller sized bauble into three groups with equal amounts of all sizes.
You need a small disposable container (I use a small condiment cup and lid) for each color of alcohol Ink.
Put one group of baubles in the container and put several drops of one alcohol ink color in the container with them.
Put the lid on and then swirl them around to get them covered.
 Once they are nicely covered, put in a couple of drops of Mushroom Alcohol Ink to distress them.
Swirl them again and then I pour them out onto the lid and let them sit to dry while I do the other colors the same way.
You need to do each color in its own clean container or you will end up with mud colored baubles.
Once they are nice and dry you can see how the Mushroom really added a nice deep vintage touch to the color.
When the baubles are all colored and dry, use a glue gun or a small amount of Collage Medium and then press the baubles one at a time into the tree.
Press them in so that the bauble is even with the outer edge of the bristles.
Hold it and let the Collage Medium or hot glue take hold and then move to another bauble, alternating colors and using smaller sizes as you move up the tree. Continue until the tree is covered.
Put baubles on the large and medium trees. Leave the tiny one white. You do need to save a few baubles to adhere randomly under the trees and on the presents and shown in these photos.
You can see that I have baubles on the front and the back of the trees so that this piece can be enjoyed from the front and the back side.
And that is it. I hope I've given you all the information you need to be able to recreate this piece. If you have any questions, please contact me through the form on the right. I don't know if I will ever figure out how to reply to comments on here. LOL!
Thank you so much for stopping by, reading, commenting, and supporting my blog. I appreciate it so much!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4 comments:

PT said...

I ordered all the products I needed to make this product and waited patiently
for part 3. So nice to read this on a cold Saturday morning with a cup of coffee.
I can't wait to make this. I've never done a project with a vignette tray , but you
totally inspired me to try this. Thank you for sharking the complete guide to make this.

Judys Lace Creations said...

Love this project.Wouldn't this look good in someoene's office or work space.

Ldybg93 said...

Such a cute project and I appreciate the tip on spraying the trees to straighten them out. I'm working on a project right now and had some wonky trees! Thank you for taking the time to share all of these beautiful projects and inspiration.

ann barnes said...

This was such a fantastic project! It would be a nice gift to be loved year after year! Thank you for sharing your awesome talents! x