Friday, November 15, 2019

Christmas Greetings - Seasonal Scribbles

There are so many terrific ideas out there for using these delightfully whimsical Seasonal Scribble Stamps from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. Tags, gift cards, and so many super cute makes. 

When I saw these stamps, they reminded me of the postcards and postage stamps that line the exit of Disneyland's It's a Small World ride.  So I set about making a card that with that in mind. I also used one of my favorite older techniques -- Distress Marker Stamping.
 Pick and image and a sentiment from the Seasonal Scribbles set. Put them very close together on a stamp platform. If you are going to be die cutting this image, you will want to die cut the paper first and then center the stamps on the shape before doing the following steps.
Use various colors of Distress Markers to color in the image directly on the stamp.
When you are done coloring it should look like this.  Now you need to breathe on it like you breathe on glasses when you want to clean them or like you used to breathe on the car window in the winter when you wanted it to fog up so you could write on it.
Then press the image onto a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Breathe on it again and stamp again.  If you want the colors to be more vibrant, you can color it again, breathe, stamp again.
For my images I cut several postage stamp shapes from the (now retired) Stacked Postage dies from Sizzix and Tim Holtz. I stamped the snow in Tumbled Glass, then the flakes in Faded Jeans and then sentiment in Chipped Sapphire.
This image is stamped in Festive Berries, Peeled Paint, and Gathered Twigs, with the bit of postage lines peeking from the corner stamped in Black Soot. The postage lines are from a set from two years ago called Holiday Postmarks.
I used Festive Berries, Scattered Straw and Peeled Paint.
This one was fun! Wild Honey, Festive Berries, Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint.
The Holly Leaves have Peeled Paint and Pine Needles on them, berries were Festive Berries and then postmark and sentiment were in Black Soot. You may also note that I did machine stitch around all of the stamp shapes after I stamped them. This is completely optional, or you can draw the stitching with a fine tip pen. I was just compelled to do it and I couldn't finish the card unless I sewed on them.
The background was made by stamping all of the various postmark stamps from the Holiday Postmarks onto a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in Brushed Corduroy. I stamped each postmark individually so that they ended up making a pattern.  Then I went over the whole piece with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink on a blending tool.
I lightly spritzed it with a bit of water to make some water drops.
Then I sprayed a tiny bit of Festive Berries Distress Stain into a plastic cup, sprayed a tiny bit of water in it and then used the Distress Splatter Brush to add some red flecks to the background. I did the same with Forest Moss Spray Stain.
The final bits were to pop the stamped shapes up off the background, and arrange them on the front of a 4.25x5.5 card. I added some Long Fasteners to the corner and tied some black twine around the edge.
Just a reminder that if you have a question, please contact me through the form in the column on the right.
Thank you so much for stopping by, reading, commenting, and supporting my blog. I appreciate it so much!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

What a fun card, looks fun to make!!!

Judys Lace Creations said...

Love what you've done here.

Nancy said...

This card was one of my favorites using this set; just love all the postage stamps on the beautifully stamped background! Thanks for sharing the tips and tutorial. Happy crafting!

ann barnes said...

I really love the fun nature of this card, especially the way you used the stamp shape and layered the beautifully stamped images! This wasn’t a set I purchased but it definitely made me think twice after seeing this! Thanks so much for sharing Tami! x