Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Funny Farm - Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous

 The Funny Farm stamp set from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous was a big hit at Creativation. They are very cute animal sketches with quirky, funny sentiments and they pair beautifully with the other stamp releases for January, Stitches and Media Marks.
 For the background on both cards, I applied Distress Microglaze to Distress Mixed Media Heavystock through the Heartstuck Layering Stencil. Then I went ahead with the Wrinkle Free Distress technique and the hearts were revealed because the Microglaze acts as a resist.
 I stamped the Funny Farm stamp in Black Soot Archival on Distress Mixed Media Heavystock and then watercolored with Distress Ink.
 I used the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique on a small tag, then stamped some of the border stamps from the Media Marks 1 stamp set.
 The background on the second card is made the same way, using Microglaze resist through a layering stencil,  this one was called Flame Layering Stencil and the colors were Distress Oxides.
 I watercolored the stamp and sentiment.
 To add a little interest, I added two of the Stitches stamps .
That's a stamp, not sewing with a machine!
That's it! These two cards are super easy and paired with the Media Marks stamps and the Stitches stamp , card making just couldn't get easier.

Thanks so much for stopping by the funny farm today!
Tami


The product links below are to two stores I am an affiliate with, Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, so thank you!

2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Too funny, "thank you for stopping by the funny farm"....I love it! Love the cards too! That Stitches Stamp set is a definite must have, I may never use my sewing machine again...LOL.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sherry! You know I just had to say it! ��
— Tami