Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Christmas in March? Getting Caught Up.



I am way behind in my blog postings and so the next few posts are my attempt to catch up. I had a pretty crazy December and despite my home life being in complete chaos due to a huge influx of rescue foster kitties, I still attempted to do some paper crafting when possible.  Most of what I did was to design make n takes and samples for my LSS. The owners of my LSS had over-ordered on the Distress Colors of the Month (over ordered?) well at any rate, they had a LOT of the new colors, so I challenged myself to try and make some Christmas cards with the colors I had at the end of November.  As you can see I was missing the red Candied Apple and the green Lucky Clover, but that would have been too easy.

So I used the Distress Markers to color in some of the Christmas Blue Prints in non-traditional colors.
I updated on my Instagram account as I went along. It kind of keeps me accountable to finish the projects that I start, especially when I don't have the time to upload photos and write a blog post. 
 Here is how they turned out!




 In the meantime I needed to come up with a simple, easy make n take for the December crop at the LSS. I decided to use an oldie but a goodie. Faux painted wood background using Distress Paint and Distress Stains.  Customers got a chance to make one of the background tags below and then they added a silver foil die cut Christmas Tree and added a little gold foil around the edges with the Ranger Collage glue stick and the Ranger foil sheets. Quick and simple but very popular! Customers loved it!


 I used some similar backgrounds to make card samples using the Distress Watercolor Blueprint stamps.

 Lastly, along the Christmas lines, at the November crop I was given an giftcard envelope and tag die and Christmas paper to design with.  So I made these little Christmas mini gift tags using some Tim Holtz dies and punches as well as Ranger Collage glue sticks and Ranger gold foil around the edges.

That pretty much does it for my own December creativity.  The rest of the month I only did craft kits and projects designed by others.

No comments: