Thursday, March 17, 2016

More Valentine's Day Crafts - Catching Up Part 3

So despite the business of January, I managed to plan the Valentine Banner Class featured yesterday, and two make n take projects for the January Crop at my LSS and the February Crop at my LSS as well as a couple of fun Valentine sample projects just for display.


 
This was the January Make n Take. We still had a lot of the Distress Colors of the Month from 2015 (remember, I think they got in a double order) so I used the Candied Apple and Hickory Smoke for this Valentine candy holder I found on Pinterest.

 This was the actual Make n Take, but the ones below showed some options for other sizes and colors.

Before I knew it, the February crop was upon us and I needed another make n take.  We had been featuring dies for the make n takes and there were quite a few of the envelope/gift tag dies I had been given to design with in November, so I broke it out again for the February crop and used it to have a bunch or hearts spilling out of the envelope. 

Once again I turned to the Tim Holtz Heartfelt die and heart punch. 
I had a lot of cutting to do to get those kits done!
 Patriot didn't care. He decided to nap in the middle of all my neatly stacked piles and leave kitty hair on everything. What is a girl to do?  He insisted that he was the most important.  After all, his little kitty life had been completely turned upside down with all the rescue kitties taking over his house for months. 
 He demanded one on one time with me and was willing to go to any lengths he had to to get my attention.  So, I obliged, and petted him, cuddled him and loved him.  The kitting could wait.  My baby needed me.
 Eventually He got his fill and I was able to tidy my paper stacks and get back to it. As you can see, the base of this make n take was the Tim Holtz Postage Stamp die. The word Forever is from a Crta Bella die set.

This was a fun one to design and it was a very well received make n take the day before Valentine's Day.  Lots of customers made it into a card right away to give to a loved one.  I framed mine and displayed it it in my home as a decor piece.
Lastly, to inspire some Valentine creativity, I used one of these burlap bags we had in the store, added some trim, made a heart screen and filled it with Glossy Accents and then covered those with fine red glitter.  So simple and I just love the look.
 I also used one of my new (new to me anyway!) Tim Holtz Cupid dies on the toilet paper roll spool. I was inspired to make this after seeing a bunch of cupid spools on Pinterest. There must have been some sort of challenge or swap or something because it was crazy how many people had designed cupid spools!
This is definitely not my style. Way too foofy, but I had a lot of fun dying all the trim with Tattered Rose Distress Stain, and glittering the cupid, and dying the paper roses with Tattered Rose and Fired  Brick Distress Stain.  It was nice to step out of my comfort zone and get a little foofy!
 Last but not least is this cone of Valentiney goodness. I had never made a cone before and made several mistakes even though I tried following a tutorial.  I used a lot of Tattered Rose and Fired Brick on the flowers and trim for this one as well.  I also used the red glitter and some pink glittered paper that I cut out with some Tim Holtz Mover and Shapers dies.
Again, this is foofy, but the Graphic 45 paper I used on both of these just lends itself to over the top foofiness. Totally fun and totally not my style. ;-)
Well, other than a couple of crazy tags and some cards, that is about all I had time for in January and February.  Thanks for sticking with me through this entire blog entry! Wow!

No comments: