Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Decor using Distress

 This was a fun class I did for Valentine's Day at my LSS.
 We used Distress Paint, Distress Markers, Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets dies for the shapes on both projects as well as Tim's Blue Print stamps.
 The hearts were cupcake picks from the Dollar Tree that I dipped in melted Utee in my melting pot and glued a rhinestone to the front. The rose is pink felt cut from the Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone die.
The cupids on the ends of the banner were just colored and cut from the blue print stamps.
 I stained the Tinsel Twine with Distress Stain and Alcohol Inks,
and colored the pink ribbon with Distress Paint and Distress Stain.


I  cut up some heart necklaces to tie into the junk bows on the frame and on the banner.
 It was really so much fun to just go a little over the top with this project.
In addition, I made a few cards so people could see how they could use the large blue prints as well.


We are also doing free make n takes on the Friday nights at my LSS and my week to design the make n take fell right in between my two classes. So I decided to make it go with my class so people would have an additional decor piece.  I frame my tags in Dollar Tree frames and set them around the house for additional decor.  They are cute and easy and allow me to use my fun tags.
Here it is framed and ready to set out with the other things.

No comments: