Saturday, February 21, 2015

There is Sunshine in my Soul Today - MME Just Sayin Frame

As will all Design Team assignments, we are supposed to do a little something extra.  We had a frameable in our kit and I just felt like this one was calling to me to frame it. 
I remember this line from a hymn we used to sing at the Friend's Church when I was growing up, so I thought it would be a happy thought to have hanging on the wall.


I cut all the hexagon shapes out of the remaining pieces of Just Sayin paper and then adhered them to a piece of white cardstock I had traced and cut out that was the exact size of the frame.  Once all the pieces were positioned on the paper and secured, I sewed around the outside and inside edges, then adhered it to the wooden frame.

 I added one chipboard piece and a pink bow in the top left corner and that was it.  I kept it really simple, but I absolutely loved the outcome. It has such a soft, quilt-like feel to it and it just looked like something I would love to look at for a long time on my wall.

No comments: