Saturday, March 23, 2013

Be a Finisher, not just a Starter - Part III

I have crossed the half-way point.  Sad news in that I probably won't have them all done by Monday night -- that's when my week is up.  But I'm not finished yet -- I will get more done before the deadline.
I had to make a last minute run to the Dollar Tree and Party City today (Wow!  How have I not known about the party store? A.mazing!) for some embellishments so I could finish some of these layouts.  Here is what I got.
Yes, that is a tire yo yo.  It comes apart.  Awesome!  Action figures for my Green Army Man layout, bandana, sheriff stars and various and sundry Disney party favors.  The Sixlets aren't for the pages, they are sustenance.  It takes a lot out of a girl when you are pressed to try and finish 20 layouts in one week.

Okay, back to the actual scrapbooking.  I finished four more from the pile making it a grand total of 11 finished layouts and 9 to go. So let's get started.

One fall we found a photog who happily followed us all around Big Thunder Ranch in Disneyland to take pictures of us with all the gorgeous fall decorations.  Visiting BTR in the Fall is a MUST.

I got this paper (no idea who the manufacturer is) at a Black Friday sale in Oakhurst, CA when we were there for Thanksgiving several years ago.  I made three page kits out of it, one for me, my mom and sister.  Just now getting pictures on it.  You would think I would put pictures of that Thanksgiving, but seeing as I live in California, there really wasn't anything in our pictures that matched the paper.  LOL!
Thankfully, Disneyland goes all out in the Fall, as evidenced in these photos.

 The papers were just wet crinkle flowers and the pumpkins are some old QuicKutz dies. 
 The pearls were white, but I colored them with Adirondack Alcohol Ink to match the paper.


This layout is about the Paradise Pier Boardwalk Games in DCA.  For my sister's 38th birthday, we decided to stop and play some of the games.  Mom sat out, but Dad, my DH, sis and I all played them.  I did a page about the Casey at the Bat game awhile back on a layout.  This one features two more of the games.  This was back in 2009, so some things may have changed a little since then.

I thought this layout was based on Sketch Savvy Sketch, but I can't find it, so it may be based on a layout by Susan Stringfellow from her Creatively Savvy blog. Either way, she does awesome work and you need to check her out! I used various October Afternoon papers for this layout.

This page features the Dumbo's Bucket Brigade game,  It is one of those shoot the water through the hole and make your fireman get to the top first games.  I didn't win.
This game is Bulleye Stallion Stampede.  You throw a ball in some holes to try and get your horse to cross the finish line first.  My sister won that one!  In the end, we all went away with a prize.
 The title is Paige, a QuicKutz alpha (retired) cut out of Bicycle playing cards that I bought at Walgreens.
 The flowers were punched from red and blue Bicycle playing cards and the centers are actual bingo pieces from a Bingo game I bought at the thrift store.  The curly things are red paper clips that I untwisted and twisted again to add some weird texture.
 I put the N38 chip in the flower nearest my sister since it was her 38th birthday.

This next layout was done for a class and I found this awesome Daisy D's paper on clearance and had to use it.  I miss Daisy D's! I also used some Inque Boutique stamps designed by none other than, Susan Stringfellow!  Yep, I'm a fan.  I should have a tag for her on my blog like I do for Tim Holtz.  ;-D

In June of 2009 we went to Disneyland for my mom's birthday.  Boy did we celebrate!  We started the day with the Chip and Dale breakfast at the Storyteller's Cafe, and then moved on to lunch at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ in Disneyland.  This was back when it first re-opened and it was also during the year of celebration, so they were calling it the Celebration Round-Up.  When you first entered, you got pics with a character and then later on, some of the characters wandered around to tables for pictures.  There are no characters at the meal now.

When you first entered the BBQ, you got a picture with a character.  We got Chip and Dale.  We are all cracking up in this pic because my dad had his pin on from the breakfast, so Chip and Dale said it was good to see us again, they recognized us from breakfast.  LOL! 
During your meal, this part still happens, Miss Chris, the proprietor of the BBQ, sings with the piano player and later a guitar player.  Sometimes just the piano player performs and sometimes just the guitar guy wanders around from table to table performing.
During the year of celebration, they made a big deal out of birthdays.  Miss Chris saw my dad in his cowboy hat (he always stands out and people always call him Cowboy) and she came over to our table to chat with Mom and Dad.  She found out it was Mom's birthday and let Mom ring the dinner bell.  I have to do a separate matching single page layout of Miss Chris hugging Mom for her birthday.  It is really cute!
Fonts are QuicKutz Khaki and Maddie Anne.

This layout was also done for a class using K & Company paper.  I had a LOT of it.
Yes, we are again at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. This time we went for July 4, 2009.  I mean, what is more American than a chuck wagon BBQ?    They were still doing the character greet at the beginning and we met Jessie.  Woody came by and greeted us at the tables and Bullseye showed up for a little song and dance routine with Jessie.
Here are some of the things I had to run to the store for today.  The sheriff star in the title, and I made a mini bandana out of the big bandana from the party store.  The lasso is just jute.
Another sheriff star, and I cut some flowers out of the bandana and some jeans using my Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals Die.


2 comments:

blupixy said...

Love the Sheriff badges on your layout! So cute. Can't wait to see how you use the army men. Excited to see that you completed so many pages. Makes me wish I could get my stack of pages in progress knocked out as well! Maybe that will be my goal next week. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your win for Tim Holtz tattered flowers challenge!

Susan Stringfellow said...

ok I love everything of course and the photos are just my fave part but those flowers are all just amazing. I can not believe those are really cards! I thought you had some paper or something! No wonder they have such great dimension. Love the gamey look of that page. Don't stop!