Monday, April 1, 2013

Lilac - Disneyland's Pet Cemetery

I needed to take a break from the huge pile of unfinished layouts.  It ended up being rather emotional for me as I had to peruse years of pictures to find just the right ones for the layouts.  Lots and lots of great memories, but because my younger sister passed away last August, it was also difficult to look at all the pictures of her beautiful, smiling face.  I just miss her so much.
Anyway, so I took a little break to try and complete some of the current challenges at Disney Scrappers, and to celebrate Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday.  What a wonderful weekend!

So now, onto my latest finished layout.  This layout was for Disney Challenge #8 - March Sketch.  Our challenges are open ended over there, so we have lots of time to work them into our schedules. 

This layout features Beloved Lilac the skunk in the Pet Cemetery at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.  She was "Long on curiosity...short on Common Scents."
I bent down to get this picture and after I took it I realized that the sun was shining over the wall in such a way that it made Lilac look angelic.  I totally LOVE it!  Pure serendipity.  These pictures have had nothing done to them (I don't own photoshop and have no idea how to use it.)

The sketch for March was #101 from Sketch Savvy.  The additional challenge for this sketch was to use a picture of morning at Disney OR a Disney photo with interesting lighting.  You can see I turned the sketch upside down because of the rays over Lilac. 

I used Traditions from Carta Bella and added a few chipboard pieces from Fancy Pants, BG and CC. 
 
The title is a QuicKutz (Lifestyle Crafts) alpha called Mademoiselle.  I cut out two layers of QK adhesive chipboard and one of the Traditions paper and then layered them to make the title pop.
 The stickers are also from the Traditions paper line.  I attached some to some of the chipboard pieces that I covered with paper first.
 There is a whole page of tags that comes with the line.  I used two for Lilac's epitaph.
This one went together fairly quickly.  It is bright, busy and fun.  Something I think and angelic skunk who is long on curiosity would enjoy.

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

OMGOSH! LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I love the photos of course - thank you so much for taking them for me :) but I love the fact that you used these Carta Bella papers and the way you used my sketch is genius!