Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Be a Finisher, not just a Starter

I have piles and piles of layouts that I have started and never finished.  Some of them are 4-5 years old. This is a small pile of some that are mostly finished and just need some titles or journaling or embellishments. I have determined that I am going to finish these 20 layouts this week.  It will be a small victory, but a victory none the less if I succeed.
Many of them were designed for classes and so they are fairly basic, but get the job done.  Memories are documented and that is the purpose, right?
This is a layout uses K & Company paper but it is so old I can't remember the name of it.  I thought it went well with my Mr. Toad's Wild Ride pictures.
I used a Martha Stewart punch for the zig zag edge.  The arrows are Maya Road I think.  No idea who made the cool, colorful ric rac.
I cut two map tags and painted them with Distress Paints.  I love that they are transparent.  I printed journaling about the ride onto cardstock and put my strip journaling on them.
I painted the arrows with Distress Crackle Paint and then inked them.
 A close-up of the tags.

This one is Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety and some additional CC papers for the Mickey heads.  Toon Town was practically deserted one Christmas morning, so my DH and I took full advantage of it and got as many pictures as we could.  Stay tuned for lots more pics of a Toon Town Christmas.
This layout was based on Sketch #18 from Sketch Savvy.  I turned it into a two-pager.

 EK Success Stickers.  For the Ornaments at the top, I just covered the shiny EK ornament stickers with CC papers so they fit with the page.  The shiny glittery stuff just wasn't working.
I did the same thing on the tree.  I punched circles out of the CC paper, sanded the edges and then covered up the glitter ornaments on the tree so it fit.
 Some close ups. Title is the Toon Town font and another one I forgot the name of that I cut out on my Cricut using SCAL.


This is a really simple one.  I made this as a quick two pager from some MME paper I got on clearance.  There was enough to make half a dozen kits, so I went for it.
 These are pictures of a trip my mom, sister and I took with my cousin before she went off to college. This is the old entrance to DCA.  The Golden Gate Bridge is no longer there.
 I fussy cut the pattern out of the paper that is on both sides of the layout.
For the title letters I brushed some white Distress Paint over black cardstock so it would fit with the MME paper. Font is Diesel and shadow from QuicKutz.
I just inked, wet, and crinkled some leaves I cut from the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die.  It gave them great texture.  A very simple layout, but the pics didn't need anything elaborate.  It lets them shine.

Well, 3 of the 20 layouts are finished.  17 more to go!

2 comments:

blupixy said...

Wow! You have gotten quite a bit done already! Can't wait to see what else you finish!

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh man, these are soooo fun! I love the holiday photos - WOW! I totally have to borrow that Nowhere in particular title! Go back to your desk and do more please :)