Monday, October 22, 2012

Fun Halloween Gifts

 I got some DCWV paper called Midnight Spell, and wanted to do something fun with the bright, glittery papers in it.  I have two friends who just moved into new homes, so I thought it would be fun to make them a Happy Halloween picture for their entry way.   In addition to the glittery paper from DCWV, I added some solid glitter paper from Bo Bunny and I think DCWV as well.
 The die cuts are from Tim Holtz and Lifestyle Crafts.  For the Candelabra, I added some Liquid Pearls to make them shimmery and like they had melted.
 I also found these fun Jack-o-lantern soap dispensers at Bath and Bodyworks and though it would be fun to add a small picture frame with a light-hearted message for their guest bathroom.
For this frame, I stamped the Happy Halloween from a Tim Holtz stamp, and embossed it with Ranger fine embossing powder.  I did the same with the bats and then cut them out.  The pumpkin is also a Tim Holtz die.    The black and green papers were cut from the centers of some of the papers in the stack.  I can still used the decorative edges of the papers as back grounds for layouts.  The striped paper, purple swirl and purple paper I stamped the bats on, were all from the border sheet in the stack.

This was a really simple project with no real techniques, other than for me -- using the bright colors.  That takes a real gift that I have yet to truly master, but I enjoyed playing!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

These are really great Tami! I love the papers!