Saturday, May 12, 2012

Maybe You Should Try Captain

       In October of 2008, we took a family trip to Disneyland to see all the Halloween Time stuff early in the month.  It was a complete zoo!  However, as we walked past the Court of Angels back in New Orlean's Square, we noticed Jack Skellington and Sally.  We followed them out to a spot along the Rivers of America and were waiting in line for pictures.  My sister didn't really want pictures with them, so she just stood up on one of the walkways between the French Market and the Haunted Mansion.
       So after we got in line, Captain Jack Sparrow was meandering his way through the crowds and suddenly stopped and stood next to my sister. He was yelling across all of the people at Jack and Sally, trying to pick up on Sally and tell her how good she looked.   The tall guy in back of my sister was trying, to no avail, to get Jack's attention by yelling, "Jack!  Hey, Jack!" JACK!"  But it was no use, "Jack" was not turning around.
        My sister, master of the dry sense of humor, turned and said, "Maybe you should try Captain."  Bhahahahahahahahahaha!  Classic!  So glad we have pictures of this!

 Okay, so this layout was for Disney Scrappers NSD Challenge #4 - Be an Imagineer.  We were to follow the sketch, include a Hidden Mickey, and get some inspiration from our photos.  I used the pirate inspiration and the color of my sister's shirt. This is Sketch #82 from Sketch Savvy.

For the paper on this layout I used Fab Scraps Timeless Travel line of papers.  I bought a lot of this paper and the black roses (by Kaiser Craft) for some project and now I have no idea what that project was going to be.  So at least I had more than enough to finish this page! The journaling is written on banners from the Tim Holtz banner die.

 
 I used a technique on this medallion from Susan.  It was a Saturday Technique she posted in the NSD forum on NSD Saturday.  The silver pin is from Karen Foster.  And I just printed that Jolly Roger from the internet onto some of the paper.

 Here is my Hidden Mickey.


No video for this one folks, but I hope you enjoyed the story behind the page!

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love this paper!! Wonderful layout, and the story cracked me up.....I remember that like it was yesterday....one of my favorite memories of that day :)

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh no, I wasn't going to buy that banner die! now I may have to. Great page and story. Priceless.

Cindy said...

What a great memory!