Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Haunts

I made this layout for a class a year and a half ago, but I've never gotten the pictures put on it. I finally decided to sit down and order the prints and stick them on. I mean, how hard is that?

I absolutely love the purple and orange colors of the costumes Mickey and Minnie wear for the Disneyland Halloween Time Celebration. I thought they would be perfect pictures to go with this layout.


The funny thing about this layout is that it is Cosmo Cricket Love Notes paper. That's right, I used Valentines paper for a Halloween layout. The first thing I did was take a peachy orange cardstock and color is with purple and orange Distress Inks from Ranger. Then inked the edges of the paper, and there you go!
The vintage Halloween postcard images I found online and they were inspired by the vintage images in the shop windows all down Main Street in Disneyland.

It's a little difficult to see, but I put some Ranger Glossy Accents on the yellow brads and then dipped them in Dusty Concord Distress Embossing Powder to give them a little texture.

I can't tell you how great it feels to have this layout finally finished after a year and a half. ;-D

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket Love Notes
Purple Ribbon - May Arts
QuicKutz - title font - Eliza, pumpkin and flourish
Flowers - EK Success punches
Ranger Distress Inks
Ranger Distress Embossing Powder

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh I remember this one! Good job getting the photos on there finally! LOL! Love these photos