Sunday, February 21, 2010

Conductor Mickey and a Quilted Heart

My friend, Susan Stringfellow, posted another challenge on the Serendipity Scrapbooks challenge board. This one was for Valentines Day.

This was her challenge to us
"Create a patchwork heart using the pattern provided and then use it on your layout. (pattern is found on the Serendipity website)
*You must use all patterned papers and you must crumple the papers before attaching.
**You do NOT have to stitch the heart, but you can if you like.
***
There must be RED somewhere in your papers. "

So, here is my heart, made from Graphic 45 paper, "Playtimes Past" and a few other Graphic 45 lines thrown in for good measure.


Then, because the photo is one of us with Conductor Mickey, I made a little paper feather to match the one on his hat, and included a copy of "The Band Concert" poster and the "William Tell Overture" which is what he leads his orchestra in playing in the "Band Concert." Of course, Donald Duck comes along and tries to get everyone to play "Turkey in the Straw," but Mickey will have none of it.

Here is a youtube video of "The Band Concert." It is this short cartoon of Walt's that is the theme of the new Silly Symphony Swings that will be replacing the Orange Stinger in Disney's California Adventure in May.



Thanks again to my friend Susan! I have had such a great time scrapping just for fun!!!

Supplies:
Graphic 45 paper - Playtimes Past, Transatlantique
QuicKutz Music Notes
Heart Template by Susan Stringfellow

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This turned out so cute, and I actually love the little patchwork heart!! Fonts you used are very cute too.

Bobbi

Jillian said...

Hello - I linked over here via 2Peas. That heart is gorgeous!! You've got a great blog, and some interesting links I'm going to check out.

Cheers from Vancouver, BC

Susan Stringfellow said...

awwwwww!!! I have to send this to my son. He loves that cartoon - he was a drum major. BEAUTIFUL classic Disney page. I just love it when you use my patterns and they look 1000% times better than mine and I have to try again. LOL

Laurie Zeller said...

OK, Suz already have me dying to make that quilted heart and now I MUST do it. And soon! Absolutely adorable, Tami. Must oil up my ailing sewing machine and get to work!

nancyburke said...

Sooooooo cute!!!! Love that you used the G45 papers for this, and that paper feather is just so cool!