Thursday, May 23, 2024

Longing For Home - Idea-ology 2024

 

Longing for Home is my second project for the Tim Holtz 2024 Idea-ology Release. It features the NEW Large Collage Strips, Salvaged Hearts, Mini Stencil Chips, Screw Heads and Typed Tags as well as a few previously released items.


Here is my video tutorial, and I left in some design choices that I ended up changing at the very end. This project did go through a few different iterations before I finally settled on the final design.

This lovely home is the focal point. I colored with Distress Watercolor Pencils straight on to the piece. The Dolls and Houses and Cars all have a glossy finish, so you can color straight onto them. 

Here you can see some of the detailed coloring I did on the clothes of the people. The sharp point of the pencils really let you do the detailed coloring.

t

I added some large and small pieces from the Palette Ephemera pack  and half of an arrow from the Quiver Adornments Pack.

Oh these Salvaged Hearts... hahahahahaha! Bless them. They went through a lot before I finally just painted them with Distress Paint. This is the only one I wrapped with string and then tied a Typed Tag onto it.
Here you can see the other three hearts with no string. I do love them, and I loved the other versions too. This version just fit the project better.
Look at that Distressed Crackly goodness!
I did get the Mini Stencil Chips HOME to light up. I take awhile to show and explain how I did this, so I hope it made sense in the video.

I tried to keep the sides simple so the focus stayed on the front of the piece. You can also see how the HOME is raised to encase the Tiny Lights.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you found the video to be helpful and these photos a support to the video.

Have a creative day!
  Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, and Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 
 

No comments: