Sunday, June 2, 2024

Pieces of the Past

 

I made this double-sided vignette for the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2024 Live release. It was inspired by Vintage shops selling great bits of pieces from the past.

I used so many bits and pieces of Idea-ology, that the tutorial is a long one. I added time stamps in the description so you can skip to parts you are most interested in if you don't have time to watch the whole thing.
Side one has the back of two Vignette Boxes (2nd to largest) and the inside of one square Vignette Box (2nd to largest) The boxes are attached together with some Collage Medium and I leave them overnight to dry.
This stamp catalog ephemera is from the Memoir Ephemera pack. I used old book pages to make it into a book then cut out part of the pages to make room to hide the batter pack and wire. I added some Postmarked stamps and a Label Frame and Quote Tile
In the center box I made some fake envelopes bu folding pieces of Backdrops papers and tying them in stacks behind some letters I found in I believe the Memoir Ephemera Pack. I also added a corked vial I painted and put some Bouquet clusters in it.
The back side of the right box just has the Salvaged Heart, Typed Tag, Typed Token and one of the Montage Layer Frames.
The Salvaged Heart was painted pink and then collaged with a piece of the Serendipity Collage Paper.
Making the Postmarked covering for the top and sides of the vignette was a lot of fun!
The other side of the vignette has two boxes and one back panel.
The left box has several tiny book made with book covers from the Memoir Ephemera Pack, the Trophy Cup Figure Stand, a Silverware Adornment, and a Sweetheart Adornment in a Deco Frame.
I love making the tiny books!
I have a segment of the tutorial that shows how I make these little books.
I aged this Figure Stand with Mushroom Alcohol Ink and Picket Fence Distress Paint.
I added some numbers from a sheet of Rub-ons.
I attached a Deco Frame and adornment to a piece of Chipboard and then added some Grit Paste, then painted with Distress Picket Fence Paint. I wiped some of the paint off then let it dry. Then added some Gilded Foundry Wax, an other layer of Distress Paint and finished by adding a bit of Scorched Timber Distress Crayon with a water brush.
The back of this box was covered with paper from Backdrops Volume 4.
Then I added a few pictures from Photobooth and some letters from the Palette Ephemera.
I added a few stamps from the same Ephemera pack, some of the Cello Sticker Tape and some Clippings Stickers.
The last box has a Baseboard Window in the back that was aged with Distress Crackle Paste and Distress Crayons.
 I aged am Optic Frame with Grit Paste, then added some Mined Foundry Wax and finished it with some Scorched Timber Distress Crayon.
The Mini Dome is filled with Hing Fasteners, some painted and others not. The little tape measure is part of a Paper Strip, and the 2/6 is from the Memoir Ephemera Pack.

Lastly, I tied some string around a typewriter tin piece from the Junk Drawer Baseboards, and made a tag out of a Curator Snippet. I colored the dog from Figure Stands 2 with Mined Foundry Wax, and painted a Corked Vial white, then added a Curator Snippet and put a half an arrow from Quill Adornments into the cork. 

There are many more details of course in the long video tutorial, but I hope these photos and the video will together help you as you make your own vignettes.

Have a creative day!
  Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, and Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

No comments: