Saturday, May 18, 2024

Sweetheart Vignette Panel - Idea-ology 2024

This is the first thing I made with the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2024 release. This Idea-ology release was worth the wait wasn't it?! This Vignette Display Journal features many of the new products including the Paper Doll Poses, Cello Sticker Tape. Sweetheart Adornments, Photo Studio Layers and Paper Strips. 

Of course I have a video tutorial of how I made this piece. As with any Idea-ology project, it is a longer video because they are much more involved than a card. That being said, this project was made keeping beginners in mind. So if you are a beginner who has wanted to try to make an Idea-ology project, this one is a good place to start and I hope this tutorial makes it easy to follow.

I love the bits of Cello Sticker Tape. So good!
The Sweetheart Adornments are fabulous!
Just adding that little bit of stenciling over the Photo Studio cards softened it so much.
More stenciling and Cello Sticker Tape. I also colored the car hub caps with Distress Watercolor Pencils.
And I colored the couple with Distress Watercolor Pencils as well. The flowers are Bouquet and I show in the video how to make them smaller for the paper doll.
I also show how to stencil on the cards, how to attach the cards and how to add Distress Crayon to the cards.

I also show how to color the metals, and cover the Etcetera Facade and the trim.  And do you see that little bit of vintage retired Tim Holtz Idea-ology lace peeking through at the top? 


I hope you like this Sweetheart Panel as much as I do. If I didn't cover something in the video tutorial, please feel free to ask me in the contact me section in the right column. I cannot respond directly to a comment on the blog so If you ask a question in the comments here, you probably won't get an answer.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Links to all the products are below for easy shopping.
Have a creative day!
Tami
 
I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp, and Scrapbook.com. The links below send you to one of those stores. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

No comments: