Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Easter Vignette Box Book - Spring Idea-ology

This Vignette Box Easter Book is the second project I'm sharing using the new Tim Holtz Spring release of Tiny Eggs and Salvaged Rabbits. I have links below to past tutorials for making the Vignette Box Books (you can also search my blog for Vignette Box Books and they should pop up.) I really had so much fun making with the new Spring release. I can't wait to share more ideas!

This is the video tutorial I made for this project.

This is another rendition of the Vignette Box Books that I love to make! This version, much like the Ode to Poe is a book with an opening that lights up. I made this a little differently than the Ode to Poe, so I hope the video shows that. 

Here are links to other makes where I have tutorials for making Vignette Box Books:

The sides of the Vignette Box get scratched to make them look like pages of a book. You have to layer some 1/8" strips of chipboard along the edges of the top, bottom and side of the book and wrap with Backdrops paper used for the cover. Dark brown Distress Crayon will hide any imperfections.
I love this piece from the retired Adornments Nature pack. It's just so perfect for adding some texture and interest across the top of an oval opening.

For Tim's tutorial on making the barrel Easter basket visit: 

Don't overlook the things you have in your stash that may have been there forever! Quote chips, Baseboard Frames, Adornments.....we buys so many things when they are new and then don't use them, or only use a few things. Take time to really search your stash before starting a project and you might find some really wonderful things you had forgotten and would fit perfectly in your makes.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I hope you were able to take time to watch the tutorial too. I appreciate your support!

Have a creative day, 

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

Laetitia Lisa said...

Thank you so much ! I just watched this tutorial, as well as the 3 you linked, and I just wanted to say : Tami, you're a genius !! I love your "books" so much !! Thanks a million for explaining how you get these amazing results. I will try !

scrappergirl56/Sherry said...

As you can see from my Instagram posts that your video tutorial explains how to make this very well. I fell in love with this project and the Easter Cart, as I made the Christmas Candy Cart.