Thursday, August 5, 2021

Tea Cup Rim Decor - 3D Butterfly Impresslit

 This Tea Cup Rim Decor was one of the samples I made for the Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 3 2021 release. It was part of the Garden Afternoon Tea set of makes that I have discussed in the last two blog posts. So if you missed any of them, I recommend checking out my previous posts.

Today's make is really very simple and uses the new 3D Butterfly Impresslit. An impresslit not only embosses in 3D but it also cuts out the shape at the same time.

Here is a short video where I demonstrate how to make this simple little decor detail to take your garden tea to the next level.

The following photos show the detail on the original make.



I added a little favor in the tea cups for my guests to use or take home. 

I kept it very simple, but tea themed by cutting a scalloped Seal 3D Shiftlit -- I LOVE this new type of 3D Impresslit that allows you to switch out the die around the impression to make 3 different seals, a plain circle, a pinked circle or a scalloped circle. I hope we see more of these from Tim Holtz and Sizzix in the future.

To highlight the embossed elements I went over them with the Brushed Pewter Distress Crayon. 

Attach just the tea cup base piece from the Cafe colorize die set from the Chapter 2 2021 release to the front of the scalloped seal, then tie some tulle around a tea bag and tuck the tea cup seal behind the tulle. 

This can be placed in the cup. 

Then add the 3D Butterfly and you are done.


I,m grateful that you stopped by to check out this fun, easy make and I hope it inspires you to come up with some of your own ideas for rim decor from other dies too.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 
 

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Tami:
Do you spray your butterfly with water before you run it through the machine to get the detail from the Impresslit? Or do you leave it dry?

Maureen Reiss said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks Tami!!!