Saturday, July 24, 2021

Perspective Moth Place Setting - Sizzix Ch. 3

Isn't the Perspective Moth from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 3 release so fun? I keep mistakenly calling it the Perspective Dragonfly, because I was thinking a dragonfly for my garden tea party. I love that it can be either a moth or a dragonfly.

I've attached a quick video tutorial for making this darling moth for a place setting decor piece because I had several people message me with questions about how to color it and how to attach the vellum. I hope this helps!

This place setting is not china, it's stuff I got at the Dollar Tree because it was all about the place setting decor, not the dishes.  But it also shows that you can do something that is still very pretty with affordable things.

I wanted something that was really very easy to put together, so it could be replicated multiple times without taking too much time. The colors I used for this sample were Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose, and Forest Moss.

But as you could see in the video, it would be really fun to make the moths in different colors so they go with the china and tea cup the guest will be using. my tea cups are all different styles and colors, so it would be really fun to do that!

I added some sparkle with Distress Tarnished Brass Mica Spray and flecks of Tarnished Brass Distress Spray. The sparkle on the Seal Shiflit is Tarnished Brass Distress Crayon, to tie it all together.

To finish the piece, attach the Perspective Moth to a Seal Switchlit, and back them with the leaf stem from the Large Stems released last year. I tied the plate up with a bit of gold tulle for a finishing touch.

I hope that helps as you plan a luncheon or tea. It's all in the details.

Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

Paula Cheney said...

Tami, Your pacesetting moth is beautiful and I love the one in blue too. The entire idea of the tea party is just brilliant and a real show stopper! I would want to come to your party!