Monday, September 30, 2019

Let it Snow - Merry Misfits

 This delightful little snowman is part of one of the new Christmas stamp releases from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous called Merry Misfits.
 To make this card I stamped the snowflakes from the set onto a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock, then embossed them with Ranger Snowflake Tinsel Embossing Powder. It is a white powder with tiny glitter pieces in it so it sparkles. Then I lightly colored it by spraying it with water and then lightly spraying some blue Distress Ink colors on it -- just use the colors you have. I think I used Blueprint and maybe Faded Jeans.
Then I stamped the woodgrain from the lumberjack set onto another piece of watercolor cardstock and embossed it with the Snowflake Tinsel. I used the same blue colors and watercolored the knot in to the woodgrain with a waterbrush so it looked like a little pond.
 Before I assembled the card I colored another piece of watercolor paper with Chipped Sapphire, then trimmed both pieces and edged them with a bit of brown Distress Ink.
 If you look closely here you can see the bits of glitter in the Snowflake Tinsel.
 To make the snow drifts I just cut the wood grain stamped paper along one of the lines above the pond that looks a little like a snow drift.
The trees were stamped from the cute set called Seasonal Scribbles. I stamped three trees in Pine Needles and then cut them out, inking the white around it with Pine Needles also.
 Here you can see how the knot in the wood is colored to make a little pond, and the Snowflake Tinsel makes the snow drifts sparkly.
 The snowman was stamped in Distress Archival Black Soot and colored lightly with Distress Inks. Then I made some pupils in his eyes with Distress Inks and a tiny detail brush. I cut him out, sprayed him with Distress Resist Spray and added Clear Rock Candy Glitter with a Glitter Duster, He's popped up with dimensional adhesive.
That's it! A super fun and festive card.
Thanks for stopping by!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I really love your creativity exhibited in this card; using the wood grain for a pond was pure genius! Love the clear wintery colors and, of course, the sparkle, you always know just the right products to choose for a lovely look. Thanks so much for taking the time to blog, always love your tutorials and always learn something new and creative! Thanks Tami✨

ann barnes said...

Ohhh I checked this out this morning and loved it so much! I enjoyed seeing the close ups of his sparkling finish! The pond was such a creative idea, I always love how you think outside the box! Super card, that I’ve come to expect when I see your name as the maker! Thanks so much for sharing xx

sarascloset said...

Tami, your card is adorable! I love your gorgeous background and the clever way you've made a little puddle! Great inspiration, as ALWAYS!

DotMc said...

Such great ideas! You have a wonderfull eye for details to enhance your cards. Seeing the puddle is so perfect and a fun addition. Also learned a lot from elf and presents. Thanks so much for sharing details of the stunnng cards you do. May not quite get th3 richness of your work but you planted many ideas and techniques.