Friday, September 13, 2019

13 Halloween Projects for Friday the 13th

1.  Spooky Halloween Ideaology Panel

2. Memento Mori Ideaology Journal

3. Yorick's Skull
4. Tiny Ghoulish Graveyard
7. Halloween Bookmarks - These bookmarks may look simple but they took forever because I made all of the paper by inking and stamping Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with Distress Oxides. Then I used all of my Tim Holtz Sizzix Alphas to cut out all the letters for each one...they took so long that I had to add them to this line up.
8. Tomb Sweet Tomb - This was a kit I made and sold years ago on my Etsy site. The coffin was an Ideaology Vignette Coffin and the urn was one of the Ideaology Trophy Cups that I cut the handles of and made a funeral arrangement in it. You can tell it was one of my first kits because there was zero staging done for the promotion. LOL
 9. A Swinging Wake - This was a kit I made a few years ago from some Dollar store frames and coffins. I wanted it to mimic the wake in the hallway of the Haunted Mansion, so I have a raven Ghost Host on the end of the Coffin (he's on a perch in the mansion hallway) and the photo spot I wanted to mimic the windows behind the coffin and then I added another funeral arrangement and funeral wreath symbolizing the many dead floral arrangements surrounding the coffin in the hallway. Yes, that coffin does light up just like the one in the mansion! And one little tidbit here -- the voice you hear as you pass saying "Hey! Let me out! Lemme Outta here!" is that of mansion Imagineer and Disney Legend, X Atencio.
 10. Trick or Treat - another kit I made one year. I had come into possession of a bunch of Ideaology Charm Tags, so I put them to use making fun kits and this was one of my favorites. The adorable vintage trick or treater was not part of the kit.

11. When Hinges Creak - I made a ton of these Haunted Mansion themed cards in 2017 after X Atencio died. He is the one who penned this quote and the one who wrote the script and theme song for the mansion, so I made over 20 of these for a Disney card swap using several Tim Holtz stamps.

12. MonsTEArous Brew - my first Sizzix sample for Tim and I had a ball making this card. It will forever be a favorite.
 

13.  All Hallows Eve - Creepy Masquerade



2 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Spooky stuff, Friday the 13th and a Full Moooon, hoooowling good time...LOL. The project #6. Monster Décor is one of my favorites. I would love it if you could tell us about the rooms...are they boxed you make or just paper glued??? I got an idea of how you did the roof after you showing the roof on another recent project...This is one I would like to make me a version of...just can't get started...LOL>

Theresa said...

Tami I am glad I have so many people in my life that like halloween. Gives me a great excuse to try so many of the things that you share. You amaze me with all the ideas you come up with and then how you combine all the great techniques you use. I started a travelers notebook just with notes of the techniques I have collected from you and Tim's other designers. I love his stuff so much and you certainly show how to use it to its best advantage. Wishing you a fun and spocktacular haunted season. thanks as always for sharing.