Saturday, December 8, 2018

Season’s Greetings - Winter Watercolor


Winter Watercolor CMS354 is a lovely stamp that allows you to stamp in layers for added detail and dimension. It’s beginning to look like I did a lot of pairing on my sample card this year. I didn’t realize that until I started writing these blog posts. With that said, I paired the Winter Watercolor with Christmastime CMS352, which is a set of really lovely sentiments that can be a focal point on their own.
I stamped the very background with the Lace from the Lace and Ornate set, in Antique Linen Distress Ink. The poinsettia stamp is layered with Candied Apple Distress Oxide and the center is embossed gold.

The mat was lightly blended with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide and then stamped the watercolor holly leaf in the same. Then I sprayed both with Distress Resist Spray which is my new favorite thing to spray on everything. LOL  I love that stuff!
The sentiment was also stamped in Peeled Paint Distress Oxide and then embossed with Ranger Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder.

I have another giveaway! It’s a pile of vintage ephemera and trinkets I got from shopping Tim Holtz’s Vintage Stash Sale at Carson. ❄️❄️
If you want to be entered, to win some of Tim’s Vintage Stash, comment on any of my posts here and on my blog with #timholtzchristmas2018 ☃️☃️
๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„
I’ll pick a couple of names on Monday Dec 10 at 12 noon PT. ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

3 comments:

ann barnes said...

Now I know why everything about this one just grabs me, peeled paint! Prob my favorite of all the greens, it just works on everything for me. This is a beautiful card and the seasons greetings can be a focal all on its own, but do love it paired with the poinsettia #timholtzchristmas2018

scrappergirl56 said...

This one is my favorite of all the last ones you put on here...just love the very vintagie (new word...LOL) look of it. And I agree with Ann, who can resist Peeled Paint? But I love the font of the Seasons Greetings most of all...#timholtzchristmas2018

Nancy said...

Of all the gorgeous cards posted this is one of a few of my favorites! Everything is so perfect; the vintage look, the color, the layers, the choice of stamps, and the ones you chose to emboss with powder. It just combines to make a glorious card! Thanks for sharing the inspiration. #timholtzchristmas2018