Sunday, December 9, 2018

Best Wishes for the Holiday Season - Collage Paper Stamping

Christmastime CMS352 stamp set has several sentiments with fabulous vintage fonts. For this card I wanted the font to be in the forefront in a different way than the others, so I used the following Collage Paper technique.
Using my Stamp Platform, I stamped the sentiment on Plain Collage Paper, and then embossed it with silver embossing powder. 
I stamped over it a second time  and embossed it with black embossing powder.. Then I stamped over the back ground with the Music background stamp from the Music and Advent stamp set in Hickory Smoke Archival Ink. I stamped it in many different directions so it looked kind of like a collage.
I wanted to overlay it on something soft and vintage in a different color scheme,  so I pulled these older stamp sets, Festive Sketch CMS283 and Holiday Drawings CMS284. I stamped them in Hickory Smoke Archival Ink onto Distress Mixed Media Heavystock, then watercolored with Distress Markers.
The next step was to adhere the collage paper onto the stamped background with Distress Collage Medium. Once it was dry I cut the sentiment out with one of the small Stitched Rectangle dies. I then cut a larger piece of silver metallic paper to be a mat and popped it up with dimensional adhesive over the place where I cut it out.
I added a little shimmer to the card with Brushed Pewter Distress Crayon.
The last few touches were to sew around the edge with silver metallic thread and attach some Ideaology Nailheads.

🎄🎄
I have another giveaway! It’s a pile of vintage ephemera and trinkets I got from shopping Tim Holtz’s Vintage Stash Sale at Carson. ❄️❄️
If you want to be entered, to win some of Tim’s Vintage Stash, comment on any of my posts here with #timholtzchristmas2018 ☃️☃️
🎄🎄
I’ll pick a couple of names on Monday Dec 10 at 12 noon PT. 🌟🌟

9 comments:

MJS said...

Another great card and fun techniques to try! I’m traveling for work this week and am just itching to try the collage paper background you created. Very inspired and of course I love anything Tim Holtz creates. Thank you!!! #timholtzchristmas2018

scrappergirl56 said...

So many great ideas, so little time...if only I could make everything I would like to...LOL. There's always next year...It usually takes me until Valentines Day to finish all the Christmas projects that I start and then they are ready for next year...busy little Elf hands...LOL...#timholtzchristmas2018

Kathy said...

I think I agree with your Mom! This is a drop dead gorgeous card! Again you bring forth some new ideas to try and I'm not quite sure I understand it all, but I'll never know until I try.... Thanks for sharing with us! #timholtzchristmas2018

Freddie Bubblescrap Sleijpen said...

Ypu are sich an inspiration Tami. Thank you for sharing it with us! Hugs from Holland

Nancy said...

Oh, my gosh! Even more cards! I love them all, but think this is a favorite! I love the softness the collage paper, over the stamped images, creates; it is so beautiful! I don't always get perfect results with collage medium, but for a result like this, I'll try again.... So stunning #timholtzchristmas2018

Cassie Lynch said...

This card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your technique. #timholtzchristmas2018

sarascloset said...

Simply lovely! I only had a quick peek, but I'll be back to have a closer look at the how-to. This is truly the prettiest card I've seen all season! Merry Christmas!

Gay said...

What a great card!
I love the colors and techniques used! Will definitely be trying these.
Thanks for sharing! #timholtzchristmas2018

sarascloset said...

Lord have Mercy! I finally got around to reading your post, and I am in awe at how this came together! Your ornament panel is gorgeous and adding the stamped paper over top is just genius with amazing results. I am particularly drawn to your metallic stitching. Still thinking this is is prettiest! And when I read down and saw there was a drawing and I actually managed to visit before the deadline I almost spit out my coffee! I'm ALWAYS late for these things! Merry Christmas!