Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Always Be a Zombie

I count it a privilege to get to design samples with Tim Holtz's new stamp releases. It amazes me the creativity from each of the designers and how with the same stamps there are such a variety of styles and ideas. It's a great process to get to be a part of.

I'm sharing one of my samples today that makes me giggle. It was such a fun card to work on and I was able to use all the images for an entire stamp set on it too! LOL!
To make this card, the main stamp set I used was the Zombies CMS350 set. The fence is made by stamping the Planks CMS344 stamp and then cutting it apart and attaching the planks like a fence. The tree branch in the background is from the Mr. Bones CMS345 set.
I stamped and watercolored each zombie image and then cut them out by hand. I ink around the edges with my Distress Markers because that allows me to get into all the little nooks and crannies.
I figured some zombies don't have bodies so this guy is just a zombie head on the ground.
For the sentiment, I stamped two of the hands coming out of the ground and then cut them out. I cut around the finger tips and slid the sentiment under them so the hands are holding the sign.  This zombie has two left hands. LOL!

That's it. This was a fun, silly zombie card just to bring a smile to your face.  Have fun with this stamp set -- there's so much you can do with it.

16 comments:

Rea' said...

Omg those samples were spooktacular ! Love what you did with the hand!!

Paula Cheney said...

fantastic card! just the idea of them peeking over the fence is great...and I love how you cut up that planks to make the fence too.

Tamera said...

Thank you Rea!

Tamera said...

I just can’t pass up the opportunity for planks or a fence. 😂 Thank you so much Paula!

Kari said...

This is adorable, thank you.

Isabel said...

Looove this card!😲😍😍

Marci said...

Incredible!!

sharonvnj said...

Love the zany zombies and the background sky! Awesome card!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! How did you do the sky background and it looks like stitching around the outside?

Tamera said...

Thanks Kari!

Tamera said...

Thank you Turquesa!

Tamera said...

Thanks Marcie!

Tamera said...

Thank you very much Sharon!

Tamera said...

Thanks Stephanie. The background is just Distress Mixed Media Heavystock sprayed with Distress Resist. Then I colored it w Distress Inks. I did machine stitch around the entire card before adhering it to the base.

Debbie Gaetz said...

You sold me on the planks stamp because your card was just too dang wicked for Halloween. Thanks so much for sharing!

Tamera said...

Thanks Debbie! I love that planks stamp. Really versatile and can be used for lots of seasons. Enjoy it!