Friday, September 4, 2015

Meow Mini Book - Bella Blvd Riley

The second project I decided to do with the Bella Blvd Riley paper was a mini book.  I had recently purchased the banner die from Lori Whitlock by Sizzix.  I love the size and that I can cut chipboard and so many other things to make banners!  But the first thing I decided to make with it was a mini book about three little foster kittens I had at the time. They just stole my heart and were certainly worthy of a mini book to document all we went through with them.


 I just used all of the journaling/title cards I could, I added tags on most pages so I could add more photos, and lots of journaling.
 That is the cat I scanned to make the tags on the layout I posted yesterday! It worked perfectly!
 To break up the banner pages, I added some half pages using the Tim Holtz Alterations Ticket Die

 My foster kittens got in on National Hug Your Cat Day too.

 I cut the hearts out of one of the stripes on the decorative strip paper. The cat shape was another one left over from the layout.




Just a fun, quick little mini book that allowed me to get my story told and get some of my many Instagram pictures scrapped of these precious boys! I love them to pieces and am glad two of the three found a wonderful home.  Tangerine came back to me about six weeks after he was adopted as his adopter got a job offer in NY and couldn't have pets in her new appt. I still have him and am looking for just the right home for him with another foster cat I have that he has bonded with.  Such a hard thing to do but a wonderful thing. Especially when they find just the right home.
Kisses all around my precious little ones!

No comments: