Sunday, October 19, 2014

Haunted Mansion - True Love

A design team assignment to make a layout using Bo Bunny Madeleine Collection.

For some reason I was feeling the Haunted Mansion from part of this collection, so I went with it.  Sometimes you can't fight it and just have to go with it.

I based this on a favorite Sketch Savvy Sketch #15

 The A True Love Story Never Ends sticker with this theme totally cracked me up! For those of you who don't know, there are kind of two stories going on in the Haunted Mansion and one of them included Constance Hatchaway.  She is the black widow bride who kills off all her husbands. She haunts the attic with wedding pictures of herself with all her different husbands.


 I've shown this flower technique on my blog many times.  this was just a variation so I could use an acrylic flower center.
 Fill a mini mister with water.  I punched several flowers from grey cardstock.  Then spritz the cardstock.  You want it moist, but not soaking wet.
 Crinkle the flowers up as much as you can. Really scrunch em up!
 Uncrinkle and dry with a heat gun.  This really crinckles them again. I also use this time to kind of shape them and crinkle any spots I missed.
 Layer and attach them together.  I attached the smallest flower to the back of the acrylic flower.
 Then I smooshed it up around the edges.  This is a very technical tutorial. LOL!
 Finally attach it to the center.  Then I lightly spritzed again and reshaped the petals one last time as I dried it for added shape and texture.

That's it!  Easy, right?

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

fantastic tutorial! I love the papers you chose and its all just beautiful!