Saturday, October 18, 2014

Disney Bears Mini Book

 I got a design team assignment to make a layout or mini book with a 6x6 paper packet and embellishment packet from Kaiser Craft called Teddy Bears Picnic Collection.  It is a very cute collection, but I have no kids and no stuffed bears so this was certainly a challenge.
I looked at it and thought about it and came up with a plan to scrap a bunch of pictures I have taken with Disney Bears over the years.  It took me a lot longer than I thought it would, but I am very please with how it turned out.  In fact, I pretty much LOVE it!

I used a lot of Tim Holtz dies throughout the book (I'll list them at the end) as well as adding some American Crafts paper backed burlap.



 For these pages, and you will see two styles in this book, I used two of Tim's Bigz dies and they are half page inserts in shapes.  I really love how they break up the 6x6 size and add a little interest.






















I used the following to make this book:
sewing machine
6x6 black chipboard
kraft paper
scalloped deco scissors (that's right, you heard me! Deco scissors!)
6x6 Teddy Bears Picnic Collection - Kaiser Craft
Teddy Bears Picnic Collectibles Pack
Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers Cameo Frame
Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Dies Tattered Pine Cone
Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals
Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers Ticket
Tim Holtz Alterations Decorative Strip Festive Greenery
Pebbles Jen Hadfield Home + Handmade Die cutting set







4 comments:

blupixy said...

What a great album! Love the pics! I don't know if I would have been able to create something out of that collection like you have and I do have kids! Way to go! Love it!

Bobbi said...

It's a beary cut album...lots of bear memories there and fun ones too over the years.

Wendy said...

I love this Berry Special book!!! Its beautiful and delightful!!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

this is just wow. I mean you know theme papers scare the crap out of me but this is just amazing. I love love love the photos too. I just want to go to the parks with you and your parents so badly!