Saturday, May 25, 2013

Some Day

My mom got me a pack of Echo Park This & That Graceful awhile back and I figured it would be perfect for this layout.
I made this layout for the Disney Scrappers NSD Challenge #5 - A Sketch and a Song
 We were to use this sketch by Susan Stringfellow, and then incorporate a Disney song into the title.
 I thought the colors and feel of this paper perfectly fit Snow White's Grotto in Disneyland.
Walt had some statues commissioned from a sculptor in Italy, but when they arrived, he was a bit dismayed that Snow White was the same size as all of the dwarfs.  He put imagineer John Hench on the job and through the use of forced perspective, with Snow White at the top of the grotto and a small animal next to her, it appears that she is indeed taller than the dwarfs.  This is one of our favorite areas in the park.
 The song I used is not the one she sings in the grotto -- I wanted a different song for the title, so I used,
Some day my prince will come,
Some day we'll meet again,
and away to his castle we'll go!

If you have never been to Disneyland, here is a fairly jumpy video of it, but I liked it best of all I saw on youtube.  Kinda makes me want to make my own. You do get to see  some up close shots.

No comments: