Sunday, June 3, 2012

Treehouse with a View

This layout is for Disney Scrappers Special Diamond Jubilee Challenge.  We made a challenge to do a British themed Disney layout.  We really don't have much at Disneyland that we can draw from, so I decided to use the view from Tarzan's Treehouse with the Union Jack flying and to use a Merchant-Ivory film title as an inspiration.

All of these pictures were taken from the top level of the treehouse.  It really is a spectacular view of Disneyland!  Next time you're there, stop for a moment and take a few pictures.


 For this layout, I used Sketch #14 from Sketch Savvy.




 I ended up doing a lot of sewing on these pages.  I wasn't planning that at first, but I like it and I had fun!  The greenery is also from Sketch Savvy and the flowers are Prima.  The buttons I got from a yard sale.
 I added a few Hidden Mickey's and some hand sewing on each page as well with twine.  The challenge actually had and additional challenge which was to add a rhinestone to represent the diamond jubilee, but that just didn't fit with the rustic feel of this layout.

The paper I used is from Scrap Within Reach.  I don't believe they are still in business unfortunately.

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

wow - you made that irritating sketch look good! I really love your photos and those flowers with the bead/button things look great! oh and very clever title