Thursday, May 14, 2020

Quick Decor Frames and Funky Foliage Banner

I have another quick banner on the blog today. This one features the Chapter 2 Decor Frames and Funky Foliage flowers.
This banner goes together faster than you may think and I like how the frames and foliage flowers twist and turn in the wind.
I began by cutting several flowers, flower centers, and leaves from different colors of cardstock from the Idea-ology Lost and Found paper stash. The Sizzix Sidekick was perfect for this. I needed three of each flower. One you sew through, then one of the other two needs to be cut backwards so the same color is on the front and the back when it twists.
Here you can see the different colors of flowers and centers.
Next you need to cut several of the Decor Frames from Chipboard or Sizzix Little Sizzles Mat Board. Then cut each frame from some patterned paper. I used the 3x4 pieces in the Idea-ology Wallflower paper stash. You need to cut two frames from the patterned paper so that the frames are covered on both sides. Adhere the paper to the front and back of the frames.
Now begin to sew through the frames and across the centers.
The sewing machine will have no problem going through the paper and the chipboard.
When you get to the center of the frame, add a flower and sew through it and continue to the other side of the frame.
Then sew through and let sew for a few stitches before adding another frame.
As you can see here, I added two leaves, and then a flower on both sides of the one that was sewn. It will spin or twist on its own, independent of the frame when you are finished.
Alternate the flower colors so that one color is in the oval frames and another is in the rectangle frames.
There will be thread between each Decor Frame, so I colored some thin natural jute with Distress Stains in the same colors as the flowers and leaves, then tied them in between the frames.

This is a delicate banner and I enjoy the movement it makes with little breezes as the frames and flowers turn and move.

I appreciate you stopping by and supporting my blog and my creative efforts.
Thank you!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

scrappergirl56 said...

Very cool idea using the frames to frame the flowers...