Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Winter Wishes

This Winter Wishes card is a sample card I made for Tim Holtz's Stampers Anonymous Christmas 2017 stamp release. I used both sets of Swirly Snowflakes, and a basic watercolor stamping technique using Distress Inks and Distress Watercolor Paper.
To make this card you need Distress Watercolor paper, three mini Distress Inks, the Tag Press, circle punches, and some Tag Press Rings.
I used the mini Distress Ink pads to apply ink to the large CMS319 Swirly Snowflakes on the background. I started with the lightest color first and applied it just to the center of the stamp.
Then I applied the second color around the first and closer to the edges of the snowflake.
With the darkest color, I applied it to the outer edges of the snowflake.
Once the inking was complete I spritzed the stamp twice with water and then stamped onto the Distress Watercolor Cardstock.
The bits of snowflakes showing in the tag embellishments were a mixture of the large Swirly Snowflakes and the CMS320 Mini Swirly Snowflakes.
Making the tag embellishments on this card was a snap with the Tim Holtz Ideaology Tag Press
I still have a very old similar tool, made waaaay back in the day by another company and it never impressed me. It was difficult to use, didn't press evenly, and frustrated me to ruin so many of the rings. 
Having had that experience, I wasn’t sure Tim's new and improved version was going to be much better, but because it’s a great price point, I figured I’d give it a try. I could tell right away that it was much better in quality and will readily admit that it didn’t disappoint. It was so easy to use and it pressed the tags down evenly with no trouble. Perfect results every time. And look at how cute it makes the embellishments on this card! 

If you are wondering how it works, look no further for a great tutorial on how to use the Tag Press,  than this one from Tim himself!

Have a creative day! 

Tami 

 I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp. The links below send you to their store. If you wish to purchase something and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and my YouTube channel, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

6 comments:

Tam said...

I love this card. I am a snowflake freak and use them a lot at Christmas and this card rocks. Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the instructions.These colors work so nicely for snowflakes!

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

Very pretty snowflakes. Love the composition, the shades used and the rings. Thanks for sharing with us.

Rea' said...

Oh so fun ( I must play with mine... have not used it yet)this is, love your snow flake tags !!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful and the instructions were very informative. I didn't know I could spritz the ink before stamping.

Kristie W. said...

Gorgeous card, Tami! Love your ombre snowflakes!