Monday, March 13, 2017

Wanderlust Vagabond Society

This travel themed decorative frame project was born out looking at three sets of Tim Holtz's recent stamp releases and feeling a traveling theme emerge.
For this project I used a Framed Panel as the base. The background was a piece of Distress Multi Media Heavystock collage-stamped with parts of the stamps in the  Etcetera CMS302  set.  Then I added a little color with Antique Linen Distress Ink and a blending tool.
I added a piece of corrugated paper from the Textile Surfaces for texture. 
Using the travel themed images from the Tiny Things 2 CMS305 set, I stamped the compass in a pattern on a piece of Distress Watercolor Paper in Ground Espresso Distress Ink. Then stamped the globe on another piece. I watercolored over the whole background of each in different colors.
Next I cut a tag out of DMM Heavystock, stamped it in various places with bits from the Etcetera set.

The focal point was to stamp the globe from Tiny Things 2 in the upper middle of a piece of Distress Watercolor Paper. Then masked it and stamped the vintage suitcase from the Noble Gent CMS301 and stamped it, masked it, and stamped it 2 more times. Then I added Wanderlust across the top and Travel Society across the bottom. Then I finished it off by water coloring it.

To complete the piece I painted and distressed the frame, adhered the background and the the frame to the back panel. Then I layered the other pieces and added some travel themed Ideaology pieces.

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

Someone is going to be THRILLED to get that! Its just perfect