Thursday, March 30, 2017

Stamped Sachets


With all the rain we have been having this year  the plants have been blooming like crazy! I came home last week and noticed my lavender plant was full of gorgeous blooms.


So I went out and picked a basket full of the older blooms, leaving the newer ones for the bees and hummingbirds. I let the lavender dry naturally in the basket and then I broke the heads off the stems and crumbled them to put into satchels for drawers or to throw in with a load of laundry into the dryer.

To make the sachets I cut out pieces of thin fabric, such as muslin or linen, using the Sizzix Alterations Postage Stamp Frame 658572.
Then I put the large Movers and Shapers Rectangle in the center of the die and cut out a few frames from paperbacked fusible webbing. Iron the fusible web frame to the inside of one frame, then iron the left, right, and bottom sides of the postage stamp.
Be sure to leave the top open so you can fill the sachets.

Using Distress Paints and the lavender flower stamp from Flower Jars CMS297, stamp there lavender stems in the middle of the sachet. Applying a light neutral Distress Paint, such as Pumice Stone to small parts of the text stamps from Victorian CMS300 and Etcetera CMS302 around the outside edges of the sachet.
Fill the sachet with lavender, iron the top closed. Sew around the edge and tie with marching Linen Ribbon or Jute String. And just like that you have a lovely, wonderfully fragrant sachet for a drawer, Linen closet, dryer, or even a gift.


4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Love these, that little stamp is perfect, I may need to make some of these.

KJ Buchanan said...

Oooooohhh!!!! I definitely need to make these!!

Juli Riedel said...

Girlie, this is just brilliant!!! I can't grown lavender where I live but will definitely get some lavender to use! Great job on this!

Lucy said...

Great idea! It's always nice to see a new use for one of the dies you have in your stash. Thank you.