Monday, February 20, 2017

Creativiation Samples 2017 Part 5

This sample card used several stamp sets but I love the way it turned out. First I had to make the background, which included several steps.
Using Distress Specialty Stamping Paper, I inked up the Vines and Roses CMS298 stamps in Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, and Shabby Shutters. Stamp o to the paper and dry, then use a blending tool with the same color and lightly blend in the background.
Next I inked the various background stamps from Victorian CMS 300 and Etcetera CMS302 with Pumice Stone and stamped the text portions all over the floral backgrounds.
Once I had three backgrounds completed, I cut them up into 1" squares. You could also use a square punch. Then adhered them to a plain piece of Distress Specialty Stamping paper with a Ranger Collage Glue Stick.
Once all the squares are adhered, see diagonally across them in both directions and then around the outside edge.


To finish the card, stamp a butterfly from the Flutter CMS294 set in Hickory Smoke Archival Ink. Water color it in the same three colors as the background, then cut it out.  Lightly color a small piece of Distress Specialty Stamping Paper with Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone Distress Inks. Then stamp on it with text stamps from the Etcetera and Victorian stamp sets. Cut out a shape from the Labels 660060 Sizzix Alterations die set.




Color some Ideaology Crinkle Ribbon, tie in a poofy bow, and add a Typed Token.




3 comments:

Lucy said...

That is a wonderful paper quilt. I just love that idea.

Theresa said...

I can see one of my card pal cards for 2017 using this technique. thanks as always for sharing.

Susan Stringfellow said...

WOW! I loved it before I saw the process, now its even better. Thanks for the details