Saturday, July 2, 2016

Freedom Mini Shadow Box

I was inspired by a Valentine shadow box project I saw on Pinterest by Emma Williams and wanted to make some spring shadow box kits but got sidetracked and never got it done. You can see her box here.
Then I decided I wanted to make a patriotic one and have it say "A New Birth of Freedom" using the bird and egg theme.  No matter what I did I could not get the little banner saying "A New Birth of" to look right, so I ended up just nixing that and I like it just as much without it. 

The knobs came in three styles, two were clear and one was cream. So I made two variations of the kits. Pearl and Crystal.


For this project I used lots of Sizzix Alterations dies by Tim Holtz. 
  • Bird Silhouette
  • Crescent Moon and Stars
  • Mini Feather and Inkwell
  • Postage Stamp Frame
  • Sized Rectangles
  • Stacked Stars
  • Typeset Alphabet Strip






This is a quick video explaining the kit 
with some tips about how to put it together.

No comments: