Friday, August 28, 2015

Which Way Honey?

So for some reason, I was all pumped up about the Disney Scrappers NSD challenges and then life happened and this layout took me 5 days. Hahahahaha!  But I did finish it and it didn't go into the "almost finished" pile from which it may have never emerged, so I count that as a success.
I chose to base this layout on an old sketch from Sketch Savvy #81. And I used the Evergreen line of papers from my Basic Grey POTM kit from last December.  I just kind of felt like the patterns and watercolor feel of the floral paper lent itself well to Disneyland's JINGLE CRUISE.  Yet another favorite from Christmas time at Disneyland. The first year it was so-so, but  this year I LOVED it!  So funny and so creative, I went on it multiple times each visit. 
 
The title comes from the experience.  We loved the decorations so much at we made a Jingle Cruise themed Christmas tree for our dining room. And the hats the CMs were wearing were so dang cute I stopped the first one I saw and asked for a selfie.  His name was Alan.  He jovially obliged and then as soon as we were finished with the picture I thanked him and walked away.  As I walked away I asked my husband, "Which way Honey?" since the entrance had been moved slightly due to the crowds. And before my husband could even answer, Alan piped up with. "That way!"  Ahhhahahahahaha! So funny!  I knew I was going to have to scrap our picture with that as the title.

The chipboard elements are from the Evergreen line and the wooden one is from Basic Grey Grand Bazaar from a different POTM club kit.

No comments: