Thursday, August 7, 2014

Under the Big Top - Dumbo Layout

This layout started out as a class layout, but after I got the main pieces on it I took it a different direction based on my pictures and theme.  When will I learn to take it easy and just do the class as it was meant to be?  But I have too much fun taking the instructor's basic ideas as a jumping off point and going my own direction with it.  I know in my classes I love when people do that!

The paper for these pages was from Ruby Rock-it.  We were also given a whole package of little goodies too.  I put many of them to use on this layout.

 This layout is for a challenge on Disney Scrappers.  Dumbo is one of the topics, so I pulled this mostly finished layout out of the pile and added the few little things it needed. 

These pictures were from my mom's birthday in June of 2009.  My sister had recently finished a course of chemo treatments, so her hair is just beginning to grow back.  She looked cute with her short hair and those dimples.  The bottom picture above is a selfie before iPhones.  We used a point and shoot and had to hope for the best.  At least my sister looks good. LOL!



So that's it for this layout.  Not a lot to share as I didn't use anything but the paper and things in the kit.  I did go a little overboard with the banners, but I felt like there would be a lot of banners at a carnival, and once I got started it was hard to stop. 

Yeah!  Another mostly finished class layout DONE!! That counts and two this week. One of these days I may have to start saying "When I start something, by golly I finish it!"  We aren't quite there yet, I still have piles of mostly finished layouts, but at least I do manage to get some of them done once in awhile.

1 comment:

blupixy said...

Love this one! Love the banners and think it is perfect for Dumbo.
Wish I didn't have a "pages in progress" pile! Need to get working on my stack too! Thanks for the inspiration!