Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Carthay

We had a big National Scrapbook Day Challenge week over at Disney Scrappers and one of the challenges was to do a page using a Sketch Savvy sketch for an enlarged photo.

I chose to scrap our Valentines Day celebration at Disneyland this year.

For paper and embellishments, I chose Basic Grey Lucille. I know, one of my pennants is all cattywampus in my photo.  I fixed it but am too lazy to re-photograph. LOL!

 
This is Sketch #120 from Sketch Savvy.   I rotated the left side and obviously made it into a two pager by keeping it right side up on the right side.  I often like to take Susan's one page sketches and stretch them into two pagers.  Just because the sketch is one page doesn't mean it won't easily make a nice two page layout.

For the left side I turned the sketch sideways. This allowed me to use the oversized picture of the Carthay Circle Restaurant which was vertical instead of horizontal. 


For the right side I left the sketch pretty much as it was but instead of one long photo I used multiple photos across the main area.  For some reason I felt the need to fit all the Valentine photos on one layout instead of several.  Thus the reason I have so many on this layout. 

And although not a Disney Legend,  a legend in her own right, Shirley Temple Black, child actress, presidential advisor, and US ambassador, had passed away that week.  So I took a few moments to honor her memory by have two Shirley Temples at dinner and taking my picture next to hers with Walt which hangs in the hallway of the Carthay Circle Restaurant.

 
Throughout the page I added little Mickey punches because although I know this is a Disney layout, it may not be obvious to a lot of people.

This actually came together fairly quickly once I figured out how I wanted to use the sketch and where I could fit all the photos.

Other than stretching a sketch into a two pager, there really aren't any techniques on this page.

1 comment:

Arnhilds Kreative hender said...

Lovely LO's. Wish you a wonderful sunday. Arnhild xx